Ros Bristow – The Harmonie Tree – May 2010 – Present
I approached Sheryl in May 2010 because I wanted to know how to grow a business that helped families communicate more effectively. A few years earlier my family and I were in crisis and I was desperate for help with my own daughters and could not find the help I needed in the UK.
I had recently qualified as a coach and wanted to learn how Sheryl had set up her business.
Which sessions did you attend?
I attended one to one sessions to start with then in 2011 Sheryl invited me to join her Excel Group. This gave me access to Do, Delegate or Ditch, Motivate, Manage or Mentor and exclusive VIP days where we access to what was happening in her head. We would model out how she was thinking and what she was doing to resource herself to work, learn and live at her best.
Today I am privileged to call myself Sheryl’s friend and I work in collaboration with her on many of her projects and I value being around her energy, enthusiasm and honesty.
The Excel group is a unique space to share with Sheryl and if you are wanting to stretch yourself then I would highly recommend this space to you.
No matter what year you join her she will be growing and learning. She is open and honest and willing and has a unique ability to create a space where you feel your contribution is of value and that you are great just as you are. If you want to be better she will support and encourage you every step of the way and she will see every weaknesses as a potential for growth and will feedback examples of when that same weaknesses is your greatest strength.
What happened? What were the results?
I was always very clear I wanted an international business that prevents families reaching the crisis point I did and I wanted to be resourced myself to be able to hold that space for the parents and teens.
What I discovered is that I felt a fraud marketing to families whilst my own family was still having ‘the odd mini crisis’ and I was aware if I was going to manage teens in crisis I had to develop greater inner strength myself. I had to know what was right for me and not worry about what others thought.
Over the 3 years I worked intensely with Sheryl I learned how to:
- Set better boundaries at home & speak up for what I wanted.
- Recognise my music teaching style as a gift instead of thinking I wasn’t doing it properly
- Develop “The Music Café” and found my own unique way to coach groups using music as a resource
- Be more confident when networking with a clearer message and this gave me confidence to joined BNI which then provided me with additional peer support and evidence based feedback
- To tell my story openly and honestly at 4N and many other groups which inspired me to develop my speaking skills and I joined toastmasters for a period of time
- To make tough decisions because I knew what I needed to work, learn and live at my best with others
- Be resourced to do tough interviews such at the one with the USA embassy which was necessary to apply for my USA visa which in turn has allowed my dream of an international business to have potential to evolve.
- Create the right peer support around me to manage any change in my life.
What difference does all this make? If any?
I am now resourced to handle any change in my life and I can bring about the change I need to work, learn and live at my very best and I won’t except anything less than the best.
I have been give the skills to resource myself and my family. I have made brave and courageous decisions such as:
- Ending my 30 year marriage
- Applying for divorce
- Leaving my marital home
- Fund myself financially
- Resourcing myself effectively after the death of my best friend Bettina in April 2014
- Developed my relationship with two of my 3 daughters and one is still a work in progress
- Run an international business strengthening families from the inside out- I have now travelled to the USA 3 times in the past 3 years.
- Use music and nutritional supplements to bring health and vitality to families
- Develop a lunch time session for corporate companies in collaboration with Sheryl called “The Music Cafe”
- Formed new loving relationships with depth and honesty because I know how to truly be myself and I have to and want to be able to express my love for the other person and life.
I would like to add that Sheryl is amazing at recognising the star inside you and she will do anything and everything in her power to resource you to make it sparkle and shine. I will always be grateful to her for travelling with me to Colorado in April 2012. That trip was a big deal for me and knowing that I had Sheryl there with me not just mentally but also physically made all the difference. That trip gave me the connections I needed to create the international business I dreamed of and I can’t thank her enough.